Wednesday, August 29, 2007


Yipee!!!! I love having Finished Objects (FO's for the non-knitters...some call Muggles!). Tonight I finished my summertime socks(scroll down). So, originally I started knitting these because I needed some summer in my life. They are ankle socks, knit with Regia Bamboo Color, a lovely yarn. As I finished the first one, I realized these socks were not to be for me. I've made now, 3 pairs of socks, one for me, one for my son, and one for...my sister-in-law. J's sister is going to have a baby in November. She is a bit nervous, it is her first baby. She really wants me there with her, to help her. I really want to be there with her to help her. But, since babies don't really tell us an exact date, and I have 2 small hooligans of my own..oh and the small fact that we are over 1000 miles apart, it just isn't possible for me to be with her, physically. I knit these beautiful socks, these lovely cushy socks, for my dear sister. So she knows when she is working so hard to have this sweet little girl come into her home, I am with her.

No comments: