Monday, September 03, 2007

Hello!!! What a fantastic weekend :) I love Labor Day weekend, not only does my dearest husband get to stay home and play with us, but I love that it signifies that fall is almost here! We had a good weekend, very nice and...well, I wouldn't call it relaxing :)

On Friday night we procured a new (to us) standing freezer. I feel like a real grown up now, we have a freezer in the garage. I am really excited about this. What this means for us is that I do not have to go to the grocery store several times a month to get meat. Our small freezer in the house just doesn't hold much, so we never had more than 2 weeks worth of food in the house. On Saturday, we went grocery shopping, and I mean shopping! We made a menu for a month and we now have everything we need (minus a few fresh items) to make all the meals for a month! I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we talked about going on a picnic. But, Jeremy was up at 5:30 (yes, on his day off) to start smoking some butts. Pork butts that is. He got 3 pork butts and smoked them all day today. He and S also made a bird feeder. We have a problem with grasshoppers in our garden. Our theory is, have food for the birds, get them to our yard, they'll see the grasshopper dessert that is in the garden! I am crossing my fingers this works. Here are a few shots of the boys (oh and A had to get into the game too!) making the bird feeder. I have a feeling I will be getting a book all about birds soon as I am sure one of our newest hobbies will be bird watching. Any recommendations?



Today I also took the opportunity to do a little sewing. I love wearing ring slings, my kids love being in the sling, so I have decided to start making them. So, today while A was sleeping and the boys were busy, I made a sling for my friend Kara. I really love how it turned out. I love it so much that I want to keep it. But, I won't. I made it for her and she will love it just as much as I do!

Oh and tomorrow...S starts preschool. I am just so excited for him, but a tinge sad. I can not believe he is old enough to do this! I know, before I know it he will be graduating from high school, I don't want to think about it. I am glad my kids grow up, but it is hard. I'll post pictures of him tomorrow on his big day!

And the knitting...yes, the knitting :) I am making this sweet baby cap for my sister-in-law, who is having a baby in November. When I'm done with the one for the wee one, I'll make one for Miss A. She will look SO cute in it this winter!!! Wait, she looks cute in everything!

2 comments:

Lori said...

boy... you've been busy. i love the pics of the birdhouse. good work.

Stephanie said...

Peterson field guides are awesome! Go with illustrated guides instead of photographs - they are easier to identify that way.