Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh I've been a bad blogger...well, maybe not so bad as busy! This week has brought my Mom and Grandma into the state from Nebraska. They have driven up this way to see us a couple of times and that was so much fun!
I've also been knitting...I know, it's a shocker ;) I cast on for S's Wonderful Wallaby using Peace Fleece. I love it! I ordered all but one skein in a coop, and so I've been using this one skein. I got word today that the rest is in and I can't wait to get it!!!! Then I can make his and start on Miss A's.
I have also finished and lanolized A's longies. She wore them, looked adorable, I changed her diaper and her diaper was completely pink. The yarn is bleeding. I didn't think much of it...I don't really care what color her diapers are. But, then it bled onto one of my shirts...I was not thrilled. So, after knit night last night, I came home with the suggestion to soak them in HOT vinegar water and let the water cool, then rinse them. I did it. I then lanolized them again...they are still bleeding. Oh, and I over lanolized the longies so they are really sticky now. I am currently washing them, hoping to get some of the lanolin out. Any suggestions on the bleeding?? Valerie?? Marly?? Tina?? Tola?? Anyone??

Today I bought some yarn. This is a very exciting thing, because I really do not have any extra money right now. But, I sold some stash on Ebay and Ravelry, so I could buy some yarn to make myself the Clapotis. I have really been wanting to make this for a long time. I want something nice that I can wear when J and I go out for our Anniversary dinner on October 19. It will be 6 years and I want something nice.

Well, a couple weeks ago Val and I were in Salt Lake for the Great Basin Fiber Arts Festival. It was SO much fun!!! I didn't buy a thing. Val bought lots. She's in Kansas right now (I am SO jealous!) but I am sure she will tell you all about what she bought when she gets back. We are bad bloggers because we both forgot our cameras! Anyway, when we were there, Val so kindly bought me some yarn. She bought this gorgeous Shepherd's Shades from Brown Sheep Wool. They were having a great sale in their booth, everything was $3.00!!! So, she bought me 4 skeins. I thought it would be enough for the Clapotis, but it wasn't. So...today I bought some Majestic Fibers from Yarn Today. Originally I was going to get this beautiful pink color, but instead I opted for a fantastic chestnut brown. I am going to do a border of turquoise and the rest chestnut. Here are pictures of my most recent yarn gettings :)


This yarn and the one to follow are much darker and richer in person. I can't wait until it is done so you all can see how absolutely delicious it is!


The kind and generous Val also bought me some sock yarn! SQUEE!


This is Brown Sheep Wool's Wildfoote in the Mums colorway. I love it!

And....I won something this week!! I never win anything, so I was really excited! Nicole at Throws Like a Girl had a contest for her 100th post, and I won! So, she sent me 2 skeins of Knit Picks Dancing sock yarn, it is beautiful!!! And, she sent me a sweet card and one sock. In her card she told me that this is the first sock she ever made and it was so big and misshapen that she didn't like it. She is sending it to me so that I can either frog it and get the yarn, or throw it away. Well, I am not doing either! My foot is just big and misshapen enough that it fits great! Also, I don't know if you all remember the tragedy of my sock, but I have one hand knit sock that doesn't have a mate (it hurts). Now, I have 2 hand knit socks that I can wear together. I don't mind that they don't match, they compliment eachother nicely. So, Nicole, know that your sock is being loved and THANK YOU!!!!


It's going to be a cold weekend here, so I foresee lots of knitting happening! Have a fantastic weekend wherever you are!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I miss you!!! And how did I not know about the fiber arts festival?? red

Anonymous said...

This is Dani, you met me Thursday night. I am the pregnant one. At the same booth your friend got that yarn, I got tons too! Those colors look gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished item!

Tola said...

well heck, i thought that setting the dye with vinegar would do it. im not sure what else to suggest, except wash them some more and maybe the excess dye will come out. sorry!

Anonymous said...

if you dyed I would recommend using Synthrapol... It's what I used when dyeing fabric. It sets the dye.
http://www.dharmatrading.com (links were to long so do a search there)
I use it in other things too.

But check out Dharma Dye Fixative
http://www.dharmatrading.com/
also. That might work

As for your clapotis. Pretty colors, but I'm not sure about what you mean boarder. Clapotis is knitted on a bias? You going to make a shorter version then?

Email me at tina at edgarhome dot com and I'll see if I can find that worksheet for you.