Thursday, February 01, 2007

Jeremy got home last night around midnight. He has been in Warsaw, Indiana for an interview with Zimmer. So, now we are waiting to hear from Medicine Lodge in Logan, UT and Zimmer in Warsaw. He said the interview went well, really well. They have 4 positions available in the hip team. So, we'll see.
The very interesting part of this is the hotel where he stayed. Zimmer is a pretty big deal in this small town. About 10% of the town works there and they have various buildings scattered throughout town. So, the fact that they have their own hotel isn't too odd. The art work in the hotel...well, that is another story completely.
Now, you all know that Zimmer does implants. They are an orthopaedic company, hips, knees, spine...that's their thing. So, what happens when implants meet leaves? Art in the bathroom. Yes, in the bathroom of Jer's hotel room was a picture of a knee implant among leaves. (I'm still laughing about this one). Oh how I wish he had a camera phone and he could have taken pictures. There was another piece of art involving a hip implant, but I don't remember the details.
This has inspired me. If they can do it, why can't I?? My sister-in-law, Tawnya, has a knee plate that was recently removed (and cleaned) from her leg. I am going to take it and place it in beautiful yarn. Maybe I can get it shown in the hotel even! I am excited about that! ;)

On the knitting side of life...I am doing some socks for my dear sweet husband! This is a surprise, and since I know he doesn't read this blog, I'm not worried about him finding out! I am working on them whenever he isn't around...and lately, that is a lot! But, I can only work on them so much, you know the whole "having to be a Mother" thing ;)

I have also decided that these Jaywalkers really need to be done on size1's. So, hopefully I will get those for my birthday and then I can switch to those needles.

I cast on for the ChildHood sweater for A last night. I think I am really going to like it. I am making it out of Cascade 220 Brown Heather (ribbing, sleeves and hood) and the body will be from a multi colored Paton's Merino.

Ack, A needs to nurse.

No comments: