Friday, November 17, 2006

Here's a little update on the purses. I have 6 of the 12 done. Thanks to my dear friend Nicole, I've only had to knit 4 of them. Scratch that, I've knit 5, but only 4 are suitable for sale. Why you ask? Well...tonight I finished a bag. While I was doing it I thought to myself, "Wow, this is going to be the most beautiful bag. This will be the best of all of them." It was charcoal gray with a deep red ribbon through the top.
I stuck it in the washer and felted it. Half way through the process, I took it out to check on it. Much to my dismay, I found that one of the handles had come undone and the top was unravelling. ugh. I felt sick. I've tried to save it, but I don't think it will end up looking very good. I have worked my fingers to the bone the last 2 days trying to finish this one for my sister's boutique tomorrow. Feels like $8.00 and 2 days of my life wasted.
Sometimes...knitting isn't my favorite.

No comments: